Energy Renovation of Bulgarian Homes started in 2012 and ended in December 2015. The project was implemented in 36 cities, which belonged to the six regions for planning of the country.
The main objective of the project – less energy consumption in the residential buildings, through the implementation of energy efficiency measures, and increasing the quality of living environment of people by renovation of their homes.
The result expected after the implementation of the measures for energy renovation of buildings is to achieve saving of the energy consumption by households, which has to reduce costs by about 50%.
Requirement to buildings:
- A building designed for permanent living with 6 or more separate sites for residential purpose with 3 or more floors.
- Multi-family residential buildings which design began before April, 26, 1999.
- From technical point of view eligible are all buildings that possess positive seismic assessment.
Eligible energy efficiency measures:
- Replacement of joinery
- Thermal insulation, construction of installations for utilization of renewable energy efficiency sources
- Repair or replacement of an internal heating /cooling/ventilation installation, including radiator thermostatic valves and distributors in the common areas of the building/block section
- Repair of electrical installation in the common parts and introduction of energy-saving lighting in the building/block section
- Attendant construction assembly works, related to the implementation of energy efficiency measures and recovering the common areas of the building/block-section as a result of the implemented measures with energy saving effect.
Two hundred ninety nine buildings were approved for renovation under the project and agreements with associations of owners were signed for them. As a consequence of accumulated delays during the years in the implementation of the activities to the end of the accounting period – December, 31, 2015, the results of the project are as follows:
- Implemented and approved technical audits – 299 buildings;
- Implemented and approved energy efficiency audits – 299 buildings;
- Approved investment projects with issued building permits – 299 buildings;
- The renovated and put into exploitation buildings are 158;
- One hundred thirty seven buildings have been transferred to the Energy Efficiency National Programme for implementation of construction assembly works.