ESPON 2030 Cooperation Programme - Beneficiaries
The ESPON 2030 programme is implemented by a Single Beneficiary - the European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation (EGTC), with founding members: 3 regions of Belgium (the capital of Brussels, Flanders and Wallonia) and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
As the sole beneficiary, the ESPON EGTC assigns the implementation of the activities approved for financing to public and private organizations under the budget line External expertise and services based on contracts/agreements. The conclusion of contracts by the ESPON EGTC shall be in accordance with the rules for the award of public contracts, according to the legislation of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
The programme supports four areas of activity as follows:
- Applied and analytical studies of the territory;
- Targeted analyzes and transfer of scientific evidence and knowledge;
- Development of tools for monitoring trends and dynamics of different types of territories, as well as potential opportunities and challenges for their future development;
- Stimulating the interest of potential stakeholders in the European perspective for the development of the territory.
The programme focuses on three main target groups:
- policy determining institutions;
- public organizations working in the field of territorial development;
- scientific and educational organizations, scientists and researchers.