INTERREG V-A Romania – Bulgaria Programme 2014-2020 - Eligible Programme area
INTERREG V-A Romania-Bulgaria Programme covers seven Romanian counties and eight Bulgarian districts, located in northern Bulgaria and southern Romania along the national border, which lies between Serbia and the Black Sea. The border is 610 km long, 470km of which are delineated by the Danube River. The 15 administrative units (NUTS III) included into the Programme Area are parts of six administrative regions (NUTS II), as it follows:
- Mehedinti, Dolj and Olt counties - parts of the Romanian South-West Development Region Oltenia;
- Teleorman, Giurgiu and Calarasi counties - parts of the Romanian South Muntenia Development Region;
- Constanta county is part of Romanian South-East Development;
The surface of these seven Romanian counties included into the Programme Area represent 14,49% of the total surface of Romania.
- Vidin, Vratsa, Montana and Pleven districts - parts of the Bulgarian North West Planning Region;
- Veliko- Tarnovo, Ruse and Silistra districts - part of the Bulgarian North Central Planning Region;
- Dobrich district is part of the Bulgarian North East Planning Region.
The surface of these eight Bulgarian districts included into the Programme Area represents 29,38% of the total surface of Bulgaria.
The Programme Area has a total surface of 69 285 km2, of which 56.75 % belongs to Romania (39.320 km2) and 43.25% to Bulgaria (29 965 km2) and has a population of over 5 million inhabitants.